Monday 8 July 2013

Nothing if not predictable ...



It was always on the cards that there would be a cushion to sit atop my new quilt. It is the best way to use up the scraps from a bigger project and I wanted to eek out the Flea Market Fancy love as much as possible.





I decided on making the back-to-front version of the quilt block by using the plain white as the flower.






It gave me lots of scope to keep playing with my perle threads for the hand-quilting. There is something extraordinarily satisfying about a simple running stitch, both in terms of actually doing it and the finished result.






So my bed now has a summer look, and one that I am extremely happy with.  Although with this wonderful warm spell, the quilt is being thrown off with abandon!




11 comments:

  1. WOW! It's gorgeous and it goes perfectly with your quilt. I LOVE that you reversed the block -- SO very clever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt and cushion are beautiful and so neatly done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the coloured stitches ... I can tell you enjoyed every stitch xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely! And I couldn't agree more about running stitch :)

    That bed looks so cosy all gussied up ... I so like that quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the white version of that four petalled flower. It's perfect. Also I could stare at your hand stitching all day (!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely beautiful Tracy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The detail...the patience - they both look beautiful and fabulous.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving those three little running stitch rows so much, a beautiful cushion x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautifully made only sweet dreams will visit you. : )X

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment, I really enjoy reading them and I will try to reply if I can find an email address for you...